This one has been an Allied Youth NL Tradition since Day #1. It is the biggest and most significant conference that we host each year. It is a four-day conference hosted in the spring of each year. It is coordinated and planned by the Provincial Executive along with the Provincial Coordinator. The purposes of our Provincial Conference are:
- To elect a new Provincial Executive who will lead Provincial Allied Youth over the next year.
- To gather AY’ers from all across the Province to let them mix, socialize and have fun together!
- To give AY’ers the opportunity to learn about different topics through sessions, activities, and discussions.
- To recognize the achievements of the youth, Advisors & Posts in our organization at our Annual Awards Night.
Everyone’s favourite way to start off the AY & School Year! This camp style conference is all about teamwork and making longlasting friendships. There are exciting recreational activities, interesting session topics, sporting events, and other social opportunities, that all promote leadership, teamwork and developing new skills. Unlike the other Conferences, there are no formal elections at Kick-Off. This is simply a way for everyone to have some fun and get pumped up for the upcoming AY year. Stay tuned early in September for all the permission forms and info!
Our newest Provincial Event! This weekend is for Post Presidents & Post Advisor(s). It gives those local leaders a chance to kick start the year by discovering how to be an awesome President or Advisor and learning about AY’s newest activities. Leadership Training Weekend has three main purposes:
- To give Presidents and Advisors a chance to get to know each other better, so they can rely on each other throughout the year–since they’ll be doing the same job!
- To teach them a little bit about running a Post and the role that they’re in.
- To reward them for all the work they’ve promised for their Post over the next year!
The purpose of AY Week is to encourage every Post to be active in their communities & schools and be pumped about celebrating AY. Each year, every Post is encouraged to continue to make a strong impact in the very place they live throughout this week. Normally, it consists of a Community Project and some other requirements that Posts are asked to try to meet. All the while promoting AY to the max wherever they are! This week is always launched in conjunction with the Fill‘Er Up Challenge!